A. User Agreement
You agree that by clicking “Create an Account”, or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding agreement/contract with Miami Marketers (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this
agreement (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Create an Account” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services.
This agreement applies to any Miami Marketers platform such as website, email, happy hours, happy hour pictures and social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc). Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”. This Contract applies to both.
You are entering into this Agreement with Miami Marketers (we/us). If you reside in the United States, you are entering into this Contract with Miami Marketers, LLC and your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, our Services is controlled by Miami Marketers, LLC.
Members and Visitors
When you register and join the Miami Marketers, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a visitor.
changes means that you are consenting to the updated terms.
Miami Marketers will not practice, tolerate nor condone unlawful discrimination based on a person's status, including but not limited to: age (with parental consent for 18 years old and younger users), race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Users must be active or looking to become active in the marketing industry.
To attend a Miami Marketers Happy Hours one must be of minimum age of 21, or attend with legal guardian. Underage attendee must follow code of conduct and not consume any form of alcohol.
You’ll keep your password a secret.
You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and (4) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
C. Your License to Miami Marketers
As between you and Miami Marketers, you own the content and information that you submit to the Services and you are only granting Miami Marketers the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others.
You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful and will not discriminate. Miami Marketers may be required by law to remove certain information if prohibited by law.
By attending Miami Marketers Happy Hours, you allow for your picture to be taken and shared via website and social media accounts. If desired to not participate, please opt out picture being taken.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services. Miami Marketers reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of job applications.
Miami Marketers reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if Miami Marketers believes that you may be in breach of this agreement or law or are misusing the
Intellectual Property Rights
We’re providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
Miami Marketers, LLC reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Using the Services does not give you any ownership in our Services or the content or information made available through our Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are be the trademarks of their respective owners. Miami Marketers logos service marks, graphics, and logos used for our Services are only to be used by Miami Marketers or require a written approval to be used by anyone and/or anywhere outside of Miami Marketers, LLC.
D. Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a dispute, we agree that the parties will attempt to resolve any dispute out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will resolve the dispute using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure. Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be submitted to mediation in accordance with any statutory rules of mediation. If mediation does not successfully resolve the dispute, the parties may proceed to seek an alternative form of resolution in accordance with any other rights and remedies afforded to them by law (using Florida law). Miami Marketers will NOT pay for any legal fee’s outside of its own.
E. Miami Marketers “Dos” and “Don’ts”
You agree that you will:
- Use your real name and information on your profile, including real picture
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, anti-discrimination laws etc.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on Miami Marketers
- Misrepresent your identity (e.g. by using a pseudonym), your current or previous positions, qualifications or affiliations with a person or entity;
- Act in an unlawful or unprofessional manner in connection with our Services, including being dishonest, abusive or discriminatory
- Post inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate content or airing personal grievances or dispute
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person)
- Invite people you do not know to join even our social media accounts
- Use or attempt to use another's account;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Send or post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any form of solicitation unauthorized
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology or manual work) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services
- Bypass or circumvent any access controls or Service use limits (such as caps on keyword searches);
- Solicit email addresses or other personal information from Members you don’t know, without authorization.
- Use, disclose or distribute any data obtained in violation of this policy
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Miami Marketers
- Use Miami Marketers invitations to send messages to people who don’t know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
- Create or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Miami Marketers without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited Miami Marketers trainer or employee);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related data
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize any Service without Miami Marketers consent
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
- Remove, cover or obscure any advertisement included on the Services;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlaying or otherwise modifying the Services or their appearance;
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by Miami Marketers
- Use a Service for tasks that it is not intended for
- Override any security feature of the Services
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or